One of our regular bloggers, Aimee Collins, on her hopes and fears for the year…
EDUCATION IN CRISIS – A CONFERENCE
WHEN: Saturday 10th November 2018, 10:30 – 15:30
WHERE: Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BB
WHY: Our children are the most unhappy in the developed world while their teachers face a higher workload than practically anywhere else.
- We have growing problems of cuts and a teacher recruitment and retention crisis.
- Our market-led school system puts finances before the well-being of pupils
- Our tests and exams narrow the curriculum while increasing stress
- Our inspection system punishes more than it supports
- In our school culture, management is intrusive and workload ever-rising.
BOOK NOW – https://bit.ly/2Ehha9Q
- Diane Reay, Professor of Education at Cambridge University
- Kevin Courtney, Joint General Secretary, National Education Union
- Madeleine Holt, parent, Rescue Our Schools
- John Hayes, Primary Headteacher, Camden
- Jayne Grant, former deputy head for Inclusion, primary
- Emma Murray, Primary Headteacher, Haringey
- Richard Rieser, inclusion campaigner